Blessed Edmund Rice wanted schools to be open to all people, irrespective of their financial means. St Bernard's College, together with the St Bernard's College Foundation, is therefore committed to offering bursary support for prospective students.
The number of bursaries and the percentage of bursary support offered to prospective students is dependent on the bursary application, financial application and funds available for that particular year.
• Bursaries are available to prospective students of St Bernard's College.
• Priority is given to children who are baptised Catholics, who are attending a Priority Parish Catholic Primary School and who are the sons of parents actively involved in the parish community.
• The bursary will cover a percentage of the academic tuition fee.
• Assessment will include completion of a bursary application and a financial statement. External references are to be provided.
• Final approval for bursary support will be based on the outcome of an interview with either the Principal or Business Manager at which the parent(s)/guardian(s) will also be present.
• The names of successful applicants remain confidential. At the end of each year, the bursary may be reviewed or sooner if the financial circumstances of the family change for the better.
For further bursary information please contact the Business Manager at BManager@sbc.vic.edu.au