UNIVERSITY OPEN DAYS GOING VIRTUAL in 2020!
See below for list of institutes. Vital for yr 10 and yr 12 student especially.
Open days 2020
|La Trobe University|
News from the University of Melbourne
- Study Website
Study is a very useful online toolkit that has all the information prospective students need to make the most of their post-secondary plans. From choosing a course - to application advice, finding accommodation, making the most of campus life and accessing support services.
- Stay Connected
Students considering studying at Melbourne are recommend signing up to receive updates from the University, especially during these changing times. Students can nominate their area(s) of interest to personalise their communications from the University. Signing up to hear from Melbourne means, if there are any changes that impact their future study plans, they will be the notified directly. Register at Stay Connected.
- Meet Melbourne Online 2020
Students are reminded that they can still access the recordings of the Meet Melbourne 2020 webinars, with each webinar providing more information about the courses and careers that interest them most.
A different way to enter university that will not depend on your ATAR. For Semester 1, 2021 only.
The Swinburne 2021 Early Entry Program is a unique opportunity for current Year 12 students to receive a conditional offer based on a recommendation by the school, and not based on an ATAR.
Applications open early August 2020 but interested students are invited to register their interest and receive regular updates - register here.
ACU Guarantee Program
Guarantee your place at ACU, even before your Year 12 exams. The ACU Guarantee program offers eligible Year 12 students a place at ACU based on your Year 11 results.
With the considerable challenges Year 12 students have been facing this year, ACU has introduced the ACU Guarantee program. Students can make an application through this program, have their Year 11 results considered, and ACU will produce a predicted selection rank and make a conditional early offer before final exams have been sat.
Applications for 2021 entry open 3 August 2020 and close 25 September 2020. Students are required to apply through the ACU Guarantee application portal on the ACU website. Students will have to upload their Year 11 reports and may also choose to supply a brief statement outlining their personal circumstances and motivation for university study, which may help improve their selection rank. Students need to be mindful that not every course is participating in this program.
Find out more at ACU Guarantee Program
Pathways to study at La Trobe in 2021
La Trobe has created two new free pathways where students can study a La Trobe subject or micro-subjects online – and La Trobe will use their results, instead of an ATAR, when they apply for an eligible Bachelor’s degree.
1. Achieve at La Trobe
VCE students can complete a first year La Trobe subject online in Semester 2, 2020. La Trobe will use the grade achieved to calculate an ATAR-equivalent score – and if it is higher than their ATAR, that grade will be used when they apply to La Trobe.
Find out more at Achieve at La Trobe
2. Prepare for La Trobe
Students can complete online and free micro-subjects from La Trobe’s Tertiary Preparation Program that will give students the skills to thrive at university, as well as an ATAR-equivalent score they can use when they apply. VCE students will complete three micro-subjects and VCAL students will complete six.
Find out more at Prepare for La Trobe
Upcoming Inside Monash Webinars
The Inside Monash webinars are faculty and course specific and participants can register for as many as interest them. Many of the webinars will take place from 6.30pm – 8.00pm AEST but students are encouraged to please check the times when registering.
- 15 July - Design
- 15 July - International Business
- 22 July - Education
- 23 July - Nursing and Midwifery
- 28 July - Advanced Science Degrees
- 29 July - Discover Unexpected Careers in the Health Sector
- 30 July - Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy and Paramedicine
- 12 August - Engineering
- 13 August - Music
- 19 August - IT
- 20 August - Science
- 26 August - Debate: Autonomous cars are better than human drivers
- 27 August - Law
Register for these webinars at Inside Monash Webinars
New Courses at RMIT in 2021
RMIT is offering four new courses for enrolment from 2021. Students are encouraged to browse the following links.
Ponds Campus in 2020
- Deakin has a long history of working with local and international industry and business to turn ideas into commercial reality, solve real-world problems and provide current and future employees with the skills they need for 21st century careers.
- The Geelong Waurn Ponds Campus is home to the Geelong Technology Precinct. The precinct focuses on Deakin's core research capabilities in materials, biotechnology, chemistry, and environmental engineering, along with regional strengths in manufacturing and agri-processing.
- The Geelong Waurn Ponds Campus is also home to the CADET building – the Centre for Advanced Design in Engineering Training. The $55 million state-of-the-art facility houses some of the most advanced and future-focused simulation and visualisation systems, purpose-built interactive laboratories and learning environments in the country.
- The 4-year Medical Imaging course offered by Deakin is taught at the Waurn Ponds Campus - Medical Imaging. The department is a fully equipped x-ray department, and students have access to adult-sized human models designed to be x-rayed and reflect human-like responses to x-rays.
- Deakin University's Faculty of Health offers the Bachelor of Vision Science/Master of Optometry - Optometry. Students have access to a dedicated simulated optometry store for simulated exercises. Deakin Optometry is housed in the Regional Community Health Hub (REACH) building.
- Deakin’s School of Exercise and Nutrition Sciences - Exercise & Sport Science - is also in the REACH building. Again, exercise & sport science students have access to state-of-the-art equipment. Of note is the added fact that Deakin's School of Exercise and Nutrition Sciences is ranked the number one sport science school in the world, according to the Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU).
- The School of Medicine - School of Medicine – is another state-of-the-art facility at the Deakin Waurn Ponds Campus – opened in 2008 and offers a 4-year graduate medical degree, with 2 years of pre-clinical education at the University campus in Waurn Ponds, and then 2 years clinical education and experience in one of its clinical schools – hospitals as far-flung as Ballarat to Box Hill.
- The Geelong Waurn Ponds student accommodation is only a 15 minutes from the Geelong CBD and five minutes from Waurn Ponds Shopping Centre. A new 320 bed accommodation precinct will be ready for Trimester 1, 2021 offering students a contemporary, affordable, high-quality living experience.