Through our extensive curricular and co-curricular program, we encourage each student to live out the EREA Touchstones in life by developing their God-given gifts to the best of their ability. With the understanding that every student is different, we endeavour to support high performers and provide them with every opportunity to extend themselves in their learning and development at St Bernard's College.
Through the generosity of St Bernard's College and the St Bernard's College Foundation, we are pleased to offer a range of scholarships for students.
- Academic Scholarships - for students who excel academically across one or a number of subject areas.
ACADEMIC AND EXCELLENCE SCHOLARSHIPS
- These scholarships are available to current Years 7 - 11 students and prospective Year 8-11 students wishing to study at St Bernard's College, if places are available.
- Note only current Year 7 students can apply for this scholarship.
- The scholarship will cover 50% of the academic tuition fees for two years for students applying who are currently enrolled in Years 7 -10 and 1 year for students enrolled in Year 11.
- Parents of non current students must contact the College Registrar to ensure places are available prior to applying for the scholarship.
- All applicants must demonstrate a high level of academic excellence and achievement.
- The successful applicants will need to demonstrate a willingness to participate fully in the life of the College.
APPLYING FOR A SCHOLARSHIP AT ST BERNARD'S COLLEGE
- Students in in Year 7 applying for a scholarship must have begun at the College before applying. Grade 6 students cannot apply for this scholarship test.
- Students in other Year Levels who are not current students at St Bernard's College must notify the College before applying, to ensure places are available.
- St Bernard's College students currently receiving discounted fees by way of a bursary or scholarship are ineligible to apply.
- There is a fee of $120 for those wishing to sit the scholarship test this is paid through ACER
- Successful recipients will receive a credit towards their fees and must maintain a high standard of academic achievement.
- St Bernard's College is currently offering scholarships for 2024 entry.
- Apply for a Level 1 ACER Scholarship Test if your child will enter Year 8 in 2024.
- Apply for a Level 2 ACER Scholarship Test if your child will enter Year 9 or 10 in 2024.
- Apply for a Level 3 ACER Scholarship Test if your child will enter Year 11 or 12 in 2024.
ACER Scholarship testing for 2024 Scholarships will occur on Saturday, 25 March 2023 at the College please click here to register. (Please note applications will open from Wednesday, 8 February and close on Wednesday, March 15)
Further information can be obtained from the College's Development Office - contact Development@sbc.vic.edu.au or 9289 1193
Music and Sport Bursaries - Only Available to current St Bernard's College Students
- Students applying for a sport bursary, must have at a minimum represented either a State team or National team.
- Students applying for a music bursary will need to audition. Information regarding auditions will be issued by the St Bernard's College Music Department.
Applications are to be submitted in writing via email highlighting the following:Demonstrated excellence and achievement in a field of endeavour related to school life, such as the performing arts, creative arts or sports may also be seen as an advantage. The successful applicants will need to demonstrate a willingness to participate fully in the life of the College, and care should be taken to ensure that the applicant’s interests and activities are fully documented and supported, where possible, by evidence of awards, prizes or testimonials.
Applications and further information should be addressed to the College's Business Manager